How Can You Help?
Library Wish List
Taylor Memorial Library is always looking for motivated volunteers to allow for longer operating hours and to help with other tasks. Contact Olivia Johnson if you are interested.
We currently are accepting donations of new and gently used recent (2015 or newer) fiction, non-fiction, and children's books. Only hardcover and trade paperback books may be considered for circulation. Mass market paperbacks will not be put into circulation but can be used for book sales and fund-raising. We also are happy to accept DVDs and Books on CD if they are in good condition.
A "Friends of the Library" group is being formed to advocate for the library, offer some volunteer help, and raise funds for things like special programs and museum passes. The next meeting will be at 6:30 on Thursday, March 22 in the library. Among other things, members will consider proposed bylaws for the organization. Want to help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and talk to us.
Taylor Memorial Library
The Library's budget is miniscule. If you want to help the Library, one way is to subsidize some of its needs. Here's a list:
* Fund TinyCat (automated circulations system;
$300 per year).
* Contributions toward buying museum passes to check out from the library.
* Books on CD - 2015 or newer.
* DVDs in good condition
* New issues of popular magazines after you've read them (a different way to recycle)
* Finally, and most importantly: Please support your library by showing up at Town Meeting and supporting the increased funding request!